San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Administrative Assistant II
Open to All
$3,000.00 - $3,300.00
- English proficiency: excellent reading, writing, typing, and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office - specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Experience with various office equipment such as telephones, photocopiers, scanners, printers, and shredders
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in diverse work situations, working as a team member and making independent decisions as needed
- High school diploma or GED
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to create stylist postings for multiple media channels; Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content.
- Experience editing and maintaining website information
- Experience creating presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience using Texas State systems , specifically but not limited to - SAP, Banner, CatsWeb, Logi, Travel Tracks, BOSS
- Experience working in a student-centered or customer-oriented environment
Responsible for providing administrative and general clerical support to management/staff within assigned division/department or unit.
Additional Information to Applicants:
Job Open Date:
- Work in a team environment with Department of Computer Science office and IT staff, student workers, and faculty.
- Prepare and edit documents and correspondence.
- Collect and publish faculty office hours and syllabi.
- Support the Computer Science scholarship committee with applications and dispersing scholarship funds.
- Interact courteously and communicate effectively with others in person, on the phone, and through email.
- Coordinate facilities needs on behalf of the faculty and staff.
- Assist with planning, organizing & executing department events.
- Interpret and apply university policies and procedures at all levels (UPPS, PPS, College, and Department of Computer Science).
- Assist with recruiting efforts through marketing and outreach for prospective students to various colleges, businesses and other community locations.
- Coordinate the dissemination and collection of faculty evaluations.
- Manage/upload content for departmental monitors, posting boards, and social media sites.
- Facilitate textbook orders
- Assist faculty and students with travel requests and reimbursements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
Normal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start:
Normal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A LIST OF REFERENCES.
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/26229 or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency