Maintain responsibility for managing the production of US and international payroll for approximately 25,000 employees for the firm. Oversee all check-runs to ensure payroll is executed accurately, in a timely manner, and in compliance with SOX controls and federal, state, and local regulations. Maintain responsibility for reporting, auditing, and performing compliance duties, including reviewing discrepancy reports between the systems to identify and resolve issues immediately. Maintain statistics to support benchmarking. Monitor payroll internal controls and execution of controls in accordance with SOX. Assist with quarterly and year-end processing and reconciliations, as necessary and maintain responsibility for international tax compliance and managing international payroll vendor activities, including the tax equalization process and parallel payrolls for US tax reporting.
- 15+ years of experience with payroll or accounting, including multi-state
- Experience with international payroll management and support and expatriate and local payroll concepts, including exchange rate processes
- Experience with international payroll, international and US payroll tax compliance, multi-state payroll practices, and expatriate or shadow payrolls
- Experience with payroll tax and accounting, including analyzing processes and controls, planning improvements, driving changes, and managing priorities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, ADP, and Workday
- BA or BS degree or 7+ years of experience with international payroll management in lieu of a degree
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Certification
- Experience with garnishments, general ledger, payroll taxes and benefit deductions
- Experience with accounting systems
- Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, and procedures
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including collaborating with leadership and senior management comfortably
- Possession of excellent decision making, analytical, critical thinking, organizational, time management, multitasking, project management, leadership, and people management skills, including mentoring and developing direct reports
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status—to fearlessly drive change.