Handle all administrative duties including meeting planning, travel planning, expense reports, scheduling, phone/mail, supplies, filing and other business matters for GM. Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with internal and external constituents.
Screen telephone calls, visitors and letters, answer routine questions, and furnish information. Use judgment to handle inquiries from vendors, candidates, employees, and to resolve concerns/issues as necessary. Handle confidential information with discretion.
Plan staff and other Universal Kids events including quarterly network meetings, senior team meetings and off-sites. Will manage all aspects including venue selection, catering, audiovisual, and other logistics. Work with minimal supervision to achieve meeting logistical goals within budgets.
Assist in the creation of PowerPoint presentations and materials for GM. Work with Marketing and Programming groups to provide direction about tapes, decks and other materials needed for speeches, meetings and conferences.
Serve as Universal Kids office manager. Oversee overall office operations working closely with Universal Kids administrative assistants to ensure offices are run efficiently and within company guidelines. Serve as a resource for other administrative assistants within Universal Kids and supervise temps and freelancers, as needed, to handle high volume work periods.
Maximize office productivity through optimizing support staff and proficient use of resources. Work creatively to improve overall information flow and processes.
Establish and maintain contact with all NBCU and Comcast administrative departments (including but not limited to Corporate, Facilities, IT, HR, etc).
Minimum Requirements for Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience as administrative assistant or office manager in fast-paced media company.
- Strong organizational skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Self-starter, able to make recommendations and execute tasks with minimal direction. Requires excellent decision making capabilities.
- Solid leadership and team-building skills. Candidate must be strong team player and be willing to assist organization in various tasks.
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Knowledge of Dropbox
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance. Ability to work overtime as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in television, interest in kids television is a plus
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #44095BR)
- Willingness to work overtime
- Must be willing to work in New York, New York
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.