- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
The purpose of the Assistant Executive Director position is to support the Executive Director in the overall operation of the facility in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- A current and valid state Nursing Home Administrator license is required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state/federal regulations regarding nursing home operations is necessary.
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in healthcare administration is preferred.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience, preferably in a long-term care setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate, direct, and at times, delegate tasks.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Assure facility compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Direct and ensure the implementation of written policies and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the facility and Administrative team. (Includes all Cantex Policy and Procedures, RCMS, and FMS.)
- Make routine rounds throughout the facility from a first-hand observation that an optimum level of resident care is provided, the environment is being maintained in a safe and sanitary fashion, systems are in place, and that employees are appropriately attired and receiving appropriate supervision.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and training of competent department supervisors and other ancillary staff.
- Meet with Department Supervisors on a weekly basis to review interdepartmental issues, expense control, labor control, and any other pertinent resident and/or environmental issues as appropriate or necessary.
- Conducts “standup “meetings every weekday morning.
- Develops, establishes and maintains resident census at optimal levels.
- Assures compliance with the Patients' Bill of Rights.
- Assists in preparation of annual operating budget.
- Achieves at least budgeted earnings expectations.
- Assures that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to appropriate departments or governmental agencies in accordance with Cantex Continuing Care Network LLC’s policy and procedures.
- Represents the facility in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party vendors, or provide an authorized representative of the facility when unable to attend such meetings.
- Authorizes the purchase of major equipment or routine supplies as authorized by Cantex and in accordance with standard procedures.
- Assures that physical assets of the facility are maintained in good condition and that material and supply inventories are maintained at appropriate levels.
- Assures the implementation of therapeutic, recreational and rehabilitative programs to meet social and activity needs of residents.
- Assures that nutritional needs of residents are met.
- Assures the provision all ancillary services are either offered or provided to residents.
- Establishes and/or maintains timely records and documentation appropriate to Medicaid/Title XIX/Medicare/other reimbursement programs.
- Maintains an effective community relations program that serves the best interests of the facility and community.
- Ensures both RCMS and FMS Quality Assurance Committee meetings are held monthly.
- Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.
- Ensures a working environment that promotes respect and dignity amongst staff and resident population.
- Approves Policies and Procedures with DON and Medical Director annually.
- Reviews and updates Disaster Preparedness Plan annually with all employees.
- Completes employee evaluations on either an annual basis or post-probationary period; as well as provides counsel or disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Has reviewed Cantex Continuing Care Network's Clinical Policies and Procedures for Abuse Prevention and knows the employee's responsibility to enforce it.
- Performs other duties as directed by Executive Director.
If this is something that interests you, please feel free to apply in person where you will be able to speak with someone from our Management Team.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.