Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > HOUSTON > ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Develops, Implements, and Supervises activities which are concerned with patient safety and quality; Serves as a member of various hospital committees or task forces in order to ensure that hospital and departmental practices reflect current patient safety and accreditation standards.
Education and Licensure Required:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Five (5) years of experience
1. Collaborates with clinical and administrative leaders to identify areas of educational need to enhance Patient Safety; serve as a mentor by providing coaching to all staff members to promote individual accountability and responsibility for patient safety
2. Collaborate with multidisciplinary healthcare teams to rapidly identify risk, employ prevention and risk reduction strategies; assist in the monitoring of patient safety standard compliance
3. Utilize clinical criteria and aggregates data, in the analysis of quality and patient safety issues and evaluating opportunities for improvement
4. Collect, process, and analyze data to ensure appropriate compliance with patient safety and accreditation standards; participate in performance improvement teams, audits and other activities as needed
5. Conducts surveillance, chart reviews and education activities for patient safety and performance improvement; Participates in data collection, data review, analysis and event reporting
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledgeable of patient safety, quality, and accreditation
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
Requisition ID: 2019-R0254649
Market: CHI St. Luke's Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center