A leading Managed Service Provider in Alaska (Anchorage) seeks a Senior IT Engineer. This position requires a high level of experience was well as interpersonal skills. Supervisory skills are a must, as is the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
The Senior IT Engineer plans, designs, and manages the lifecycle of an organization’s information technology infrastructure. This includes on-premise infrastructure with multiple datacenters and integration with cloud-based architectures. Experienced in translating company’s business strategy and defines an infrastructure solution to support that strategy. This position would be responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, architecture, interface design, development, deployment, and third level production support of applications in multiple domains. Experienced with all aspects of the day-to-day administration, and activities that take place in an enterprise-class IT infrastructure department.
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions to support the enterprise infrastructure.
- Design and recommend selection of infrastructure technologies and services (Server, network, storage, cloud solutions)
- Implement and manage selected solutions and maintains the ownership of service catalogs and related artifacts.
- Manage the lifecycle of various solutions.
- Produce and maintain relevant artifacts on technology infrastructure, e.g. run-books, processes, diagrams and configuration management.
- Develop framework that aligns strategy, processes, and IT assets with business goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Work closely with project managers, developers, and vertical teams to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures and improve overall synergy within organization.
- Display and keep current knowledge of hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly desirable
- A minimum of ten years of experience, with progressively increasing responsibility, in an IT development, or engineering role
- A minimum of five years of experience working as an Enterprise, Infrastructure or Solution Engineer
- A minimum of three years of experience in IT Infrastructure working with Cloud platforms along with eCommerce environments.
- A minimum of three years of experience writing and defining IT Infrastructure standards
- A minimum of three years of experience working with other teams and staff to identify the root cause of problems and making recommendations on how to avoid future problems
- A minimum of two years of team lead or project lead experience
- Deep technical knowledge of system platforms (Windows, Linux, Active Directory), middleware, networks and storage
- Deep understanding of Cloud computing concepts and solutions including public, private, hybrid
- Solid understanding of security and practices, Network concepts and protocols, vendor practices, services and licensing/pricing schemas
- Ability to define standards for IT Infrastructure and to complete documented cost estimates
- Establishment of best practices and guidelines for selecting, developing, and implementing infrastructure solutions
- Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, relationship and organizational skills
- Knowledge of IT Service Management and standard project management (PMP, Agile) a plus
- Microsoft Exchange (2010-2016)
- Citrix Xen Desktop
- Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate
- Sage 100 Contractor
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Remote Desktop Services
- PowerShell Scripting
- VMWare vCenter
Salary $65,000 + DOE; insurance package available
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year