As Director of Business Development, Strategic Partnerships, and Brand Expansion, you will lead efforts to introduce new brands, services, and experiences to the CVS shopper. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Beauty Experience and Service, you will elevate the experience by recruiting new brands, (emerging and specialty/prestige brands) managing and expanding service partnerships and ensuring that these new brands and services seamlessly integrate to deliver an elevated customer experience. You will manage one direct report: Program Lead for Strategic Partnerships; while also leading large, cross functional teams responsible for multi-billion dollar business and growth opportunities. You will oversee strategic planning and business case evaluation, tracking, and executive reporting for these initiatives, partnering very closely with senior leadership, (i.e. Chief Merchant and VPMM) senior category managers, select brand partners, and key internal partners to build, align on and execute a 3-5 year strategic vision for Beauty Experience at CVS. You will have responsibility for both revenue and profit contribution for the beauty services offered at CVS.
In this role you will be:
- Building business cases grounded in strong P&L knowledge, financial acumen, accurate forecasting, competitor strategies, industry trends, and CVS growth opportunities
- Building relationships with key brands and service partners to instill confidence in CVS's understanding of their business objectives and long-term strategies
- Ensuring internal support by demonstrating category and customer knowledge and relentless pursuit of new revenue opportunities, while actively managing the revenue growth and cost management of service and partnerships.
- Oversee the development of new services and business models that will differentiate CVS from other beauty retailers
- Manage current services portfolio to ensure long-term viability and operational excellence as a part of CVS's end-to-end customer experience
- Partner closely with digital/omni-channel teams to develop omni-channel strategy to leverage digital tools that enhance services and drive beauty category sales
- Develop strategies and detailed operational plans to ensure new brand success at CVS, partnering closely with supply chain, merchandising, in-store operations, strategy teams
- 5+ years' experience in business development, strategy, or sales, preferably in a retail or consumer goods organization with a strong analytic toolkit and financial acumen
- 5+ years' experience building, tracking, and managing sales forecasts; building detailed economic models for competitors and/or acquisition targets
- 5+ years' experience using syndicated/company reported data sets
- Ability to travel 10-15%
- Strategy consulting experience strongly preferred
- Strong consumer knowledge and appreciation for beauty and depth of insight into what moves the beauty customer
- Ability and affinity to influence and persuade in a B2B environment; able to self-direct when needed and deliver results in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to lead execution and drive results, working with and influencing cross-functional teams
- Executive presence and ability to inspire confidence when dealing with senior leaders
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Strong experience managing P&L's, particularly in innovative areas that lack precedent and standardization
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Masters Degree is preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.