Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer – (Fairfax, VA)
Trident Systems is seeking a senior aerospace system engineer to serve as Chief Engineer in leading the design and development of an advanced multi-function RF small satellite payload supporting RF communications, RF survey, and radar imaging payloads including advanced multi-function RF transceivers, hybrid high performance processing architectures, and cryptographic processors connected via high-speed backplane and interfaces to a multi-channel RF front end and innovative antenna solutions.
This position includes technical leadership of the electronics hardware, software, and firmware development teams, mechanical engineering, AI&T and production engineering. The Chief Engineer maintains overall responsibility for the system baseline through the lifecycle from operational concept and requirements definition through design, development, integration, testing, manufacturing, operations support and upgrade. This position includes hands-on system design baseline management including responsibilities for baseline documentation, information assurance, configuration management, and change requests, as well as preparation for and participation in milestone reviews and customer interactions.
Manages program schedule and technical deliverables together with program manager and serves as the technical interface to the customer, mission partners, bus providers, payload subcontractors and satellite integrator. Leads the Engineering Control Board, oversees development of the AI&T plan and provides oversight to the execution of subsystem and system testing. Oversees all aspects of logistics related to security, information assurance, packaging, transport and support to bus/satellite integrator.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Computer Science (CS), Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Systems Engineering or other engineering or science degree from an accredited university or institution and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry or university research experience in hands-on systems design and development of RF Payloads for satellite communications, SIGINT, radar, or PNT (e.g. GPS).
- Experience applying systems engineering best practices using tools and automation support supporting systems requirements management, design capture, analysis, testing and configuration management. Possess and maintain specialized knowledge and technical expertise in space system design and space systems engineering.
- Experience leading a multi-discipline development team for a space system or subsystem. Broad knowledge across engineering disciplines including understanding of computer hardware and SW/FW architectures and design, mechanical engineering and space environment, RF systems design and simulation/performance prediction.
- Familiarity with National Security Space (NSS) customers and program areas, applicable government research and technology development organizations and their focal points. Experience in capturing new business through leading and supporting the writing of technical proposals, authoring of white papers, and briefing materials