First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst for First Quality Retail Services located in King of Prussia, PA. This position will be responsible for supporting the company’s general ledger accounting system. This includes monitoring and managing long & short term general ledger accounts, assisting in financial reporting and analysis, and supporting the accounts payable group, including follow-up with vendors on disputes and discrepancies. Additionally, the position will be required to participate or lead ad hoc analyses and special projects as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare and input journal entries relevant to assigned area of responsibility
- Process journal entries and provide support documents for Accounts Payable area
- Prepare account analyses and reconciliations relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
- Coordinate monthly closing process; ensure the correct and accurate posting of entries
- Ensure timely submission of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations. Verify submissions and prepare binders
- Assist in compiling, reviewing, and analyzing the monthly financial statements of FQRS entity including, Income statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements
- Review items related to daily cash activity. Report all wires paid to AP and supply necessary documents for processing
- Reconciliation of main bank accounts
- Preparation & upload of positive pay files
- Monitor unclaimed assets and prepare necessary filings as required by each state.
- Prepare Sales/Use Tax returns. Coordinate sales/use tax audit workload. Liaison with Great Neck re: sales/use tax guidance questions.
- Assist in preparation of annual federal and state tax packages
- Prepare Month end, Quarter end and Year end schedules as required for external financial audit and quarterly reviews
- Assist in follow-ups as needed with external auditors
- Prepare requirements and assist in business unit internal audits
- Research items and take action where needed.
- Review of weekly check runs to valid expenditures
- Print invoices to support A/P team
- Review capital project invoices for proper GL coding and approvals
- Serve as functional expert on fixed asset expenditures (CapEx), capital project expense tracking and budget management
- Complete monthly and quarterly reviews of CIP balances and capitalize projects as required
- Point of contact for FQ affiliates for intercompany charges
- Research items and take action where needed
- Lead reconciliation process for intercompany transactions
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Position requires a 4 year college degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus, but ability to adapt and quickly learn new systems is a must.
- Requires an understanding of GAAP.
- This position does not manage people but requires the ability to work with people at all levels of the Company.
- Requires the ability to gather and analyze data and come to logical supportable conclusions.
- Requires clear and persuasive communication, both written and oral.
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Must follow through on multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your technical and leadership skills.
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
First Quality is committed to protecting information under the care of First Quality Enterprises commensurate with leading industry standards and applicable regulations. As such, First Quality provides at least annual training regarding data privacy and security to employees who, as a result of their role specifications, may come in to contact with sensitive data.
First Quality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or protected Veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education