Accounting/System Implementation & Training Specialist
Clubessential provides cloud-based software solutions to the private club markets and is an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company. We are financially backed by Battery Ventures, a top-tier technology investment firm, helping fuel our current and future growth. We are a lean, fast-paced, passionate team of professionals who thrive on delivering exceptional products and service to our clients and teammates. Our dedication to client success through technology innovation, industry expertise, exceptional customer support and beautiful design has helped us attract the business of some of the top clubs in the country including Hilton, Trump Golf, Four Seasons, Marriott, Valhalla Golf Club, Congressional Country Club, Pinehurst, and over 1,400 other clients.
This position is responsible for the successful implementation and management of several concurrent projects. Projects include the implementation of Accounting and Point of Sale Systems for club based systems in a timely and high quality fashion. The Implementation Manager will manage the client relationship, ensuring that they and other team members understand and perform their responsibilities, maintain a high level of client satisfaction and continuously assess project risks.
This highly visible position involves interacting with a variety of individuals internally and externally and at all levels of the organization. Candidate must be driven and a self-starter, be organized and detail-oriented, and have excellent communication skills. This position also requires the ability to understand software, business concepts, accounting functions and to quickly absorb the business details.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the Finance and Accounting processes and system functionality
- Advise our customers on best practices and systems functions for general accounting, billing and business performance
- Be an advocate for, and help ensure that our customers receive value from their investment with Office
- assessment of customer’s accounting processes, configuring the system with application settings that achieve desired functionality, and assisting customers with technical tasks such as loading of historical data
- Be a subject matter expert as it relates to each of our products - General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, System Set up and Financials, Budgets
- Hands-on project execution, including gathering and analyzing client requirements; determining best practice design of to-be-determined solution, configuring the application to meet the approved design
- Ability and desire to participate in all implementation tasks - project management, kick-off meetings, design, review, implementation, training, status reports, etc.
- Assess/evaluate client needs for initial scope of project, determine project plan, and schedule agenda with curriculum for training. Desire to strongly lead clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction through follow-up, client responsiveness, and thorough communication.
- Responsible for managing client expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment in a team and individually.
- Help specify, test and implement advanced software functionality
- Strong internal communication skills including ability to work with all levels of the organization (development, sales, marketing, operations and within the Customer Service Team).
- Responsible for tracking billable and non-billable time/expense.
- Test areas of the product at the appropriate time of development rollout.
- Responsible for maintaining product knowledge, implementing and training latest features and functionality of product at the client site.
- Cultivate the client relationship through implementations and all types of training engagements, which include growing the demand for professional services (additional training and implementation services).
- Communicate effectively with all departments within the company.
- Project Management tracking through CRM, Excel, etc. Must have the ability to move project schedules to closure.
- Responsible for mentoring and assist in training new employees.
- Configuration: Configure the application based on implementation assessment.
- Assist team in updating all implementation deliverables as required with new functionality rollouts. Create new deliverables/best practices for implementation services to enhance implementation engagements.
- CPA or demonstrated accounting expertise is required
- Ability to understand customer business problems and clearly formulate and articulate software solutions to solve those problems
- Interest in learning and mastering new software or technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with a positive outlook and strong work ethic
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- A willingness to help others
- Previous college education and work experience in accounting and systems implementation, preferably in Hospitality environments
- Experience working in Hospitality field
- Experience with POS software or Accounting / Billing Software
- Working knowledge of CRM Software
- SQL skills
- Experience maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Experience working in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
Cincinnati, OH or remote