Overview: KVH is looking for an experienced Technical Writer! In the role you will plan, design, write, illustrate, produce, and maintain technical documentation and instructional videos to support KVH mobile connectivity products and services, as well as fiber optic gyro (FOG)-based inertial navigation systems.
- Write new hardware and software documentation for both technicians and non-technical users (examples may include quick reference guides, installation manuals, online Help topics, and repair procedures).
- Update existing documentation as products evolve.
- Gather all necessary information through expert interviews, engineering documentation, and hands-on experience.
- Photograph and/or film procedures and create illustrations.
- Liaise with Technical Support to identify needs and initiate dealer bulletins.
- Keep track of the progress of all documentation projects and champion them through the review and release process.
- Edit and proofread technical documents, as directed.
- BS/BA in English, Technical Communication, or a related field.
- Technical aptitude. Eagerness to learn new hardware and software products.
- At least 5 years of experience writing technical documentation.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to present complex technical information in simple terms. Superior editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in document authoring and graphic design tools: Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat, as well as MS Word.
- Digital photography skills; videography experience is a plus. Adobe Photoshop and TechSmith Camtasia experience preferred. Familiarity with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- US citizenship or Permanent Residence.
If you require assistance in order to complete the application, please contact Human Resources at 401.847.3327.
KVH offers a full suite of benefits to include generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible/health spending account, employee stock purchase program, and retirement plan. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States (US Citizen or Permanent Resident) and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. KVH also conducts background checks and drug screening after acceptance of an offer._
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled_
Location: 50 Enterprise Center, Middletown, RI 02842
Job Type: Full-time