Life’s Too Short to Not Work Someplace AWESOME!
Join a Program that Changes Lives!
Drama Kids is looking for caring, fun, and motivated people who are passionate about developing children to join our growing team. Our teachers believe in what they do and that they can affect positive change every day. Their energy and enthusiasm encourage kids to become the best communicators they can be! Our goal is to develop kids and enable them to strive and thrive as the 21st century unfolds.
Drama Kids is a Creative Drama & Literacy Enrichment Program where kids “Act Up” with a purpose! We work with our students’ imagination and creativity to develop literacy skills, public speaking, leadership/teamwork and acting abilities, while building their confidence, essential life skills learned in a fun and professional atmosphere.
Lead Teachers can expect some autonomy and ability to provide input into camp schedules and activities within the parameters of Drama Kids' established curriculum. All ideas welcome! Assistant teachers can be promoted to teacher over the summer. Camp instructors always receive first consideration for open school year positions including administrative, marketing and business development. Responsibility and variety of duties increase as experience and knowledge grows.
Our summer interns are paid a small stipend and are not just glorified gophers. This is great for a person that desires experience but does not have a solid work history in the education or drama fields. It can also be perfect for someone looking to explore all aspects of running a business and entrepreneurship.
As a member of our great team you will:
- Work 30-40 hours for a minimum of 3 weeks to a maximum of 7 weeks.
- Teach and mentor students from 5 to 17 years of age
- Follow provided world-renowned lesson plans on speech, movement & acting
- Direct plays
- Build relationships with parents and students
- Deliver presentations
- Attend training and daily (intern) mentor meetings
- Explore all aspects of delivering quality drama instruction as well as be exposed to all aspects of running a successful business.
- Have a heart for kids!
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have HIGH ENERGY and flexibility
- Are willing and able to commit to at least 3 out of 7 weeks between June 4 and Aug 17
- Have reliable transportation
- Prioritize punctuality and reliability
- Theater and teaching experience a plus, but not required
- Face to face customer service experience helpful
- We care about you!
- Where else can you get paid to jump up and down, make funny faces, pretend to be a caterpillar or an alien, etc.?
- We love kids, and kids and their parents love us!
- You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of children – helping them develop communication, creativity, collaboration, and other skills that will help them succeed in life.
- Great compensation: $125-450 per week.
- Excellent and thorough paid training provided.
- Food! Lunch is provided daily and a team dinner is provided after every Friday performance.
- You get to be part of a super fun team with a great boss who will prioritize your education.
- Commitment flexibility - work as few as 3 weeks or as many as 7 weeks not including training.
- Pride – you will be a part of the largest drama-enrichment program in the world! You will enjoy the pride of being able to witness the fruits of your labor as you see ALL students perform in front of family and friends.