SpanishDict is on a mission to bring free, high-quality reference and educational products to every Spanish-English learner in the world. We’ve built the Internet’s most comprehensive database of Spanish-English translations and conjugations, and combined it with fun, interactive practice activities to help people learn vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, and conversational skills. Every year, more than 100 million people improve their Spanish or English on SpanishDict, making it the world’s largest Spanish-English learning website. Reporting directly to the CEO, we are looking for an engineering manager to help us build a high-performance engineering team by attracting, mentoring, and developing world-class talent.
What will you be doing?
- Managing up to 7 direct reports through 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching, and career development
- Supporting the success of other engineers and the team overall by spending roughly 50% of your time coding
- Contributing technical knowledge across multiple areas of the stack, providing effective code reviews, and offering technical feedback
- Writing reviews and creating professional development goals for direct reports
- Organizing a high quality recruiting experience for new engineering hires
- Fostering a culture of growth and learning, while improving development process across the department
What are we looking for?
- Engineering management experience, with a record of developing new engineers into senior engineers, and senior engineers into team leaders
- Broad technical understanding across multiple areas of our stack, which includes Node, React, SQL, and AWS
- An amazing team builder, who is a magnet for attracting and developing great engineers and a catalyst for a culture that is healthy, engaged, and motivated over the long term
- 7+ years in software development
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
What’s the culture like?
- We’ve brought together a talented team that is down-to-earth, friendly, and driven to build products that people use and love
- Our technology stack is state-of-the-art, and we pride ourselves on an engineering culture committed to data-driven decisions, focus on value, rapid iteration, broad test coverage, extensive automation, peer-reviewed code, and fast deployments
- With approximately 20 people in the company, every engineer on the team has a huge impact across millions of users and very low barriers to getting things done
- Read more about our culture on our engineering blog: http://engineering.curiositymedia.com/blog/2014/4/8/nine-reasons-fluencia-is-a-great-company-for-engineers
What are the perks?
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits
- Stock options
- 401(k) contributions
- Fully-paid health insurance
- Work-from-home days
- A budget for conferences and classes
- All-you-can-eat snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays
- We are located in Rosslyn, VA, and enjoy beautiful panoramic views of the Potomac River
*To apply for this position, please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/curiositymedia/6aa09b7b-798b-4aeb-8ef5-3a7859ee2bf6?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=indeed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year