Allergan plc (NYSE:
AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The successful candidate in this position will build and maintain the statistical programming infrastructure to ensure timely, quality, and cost-effective delivery of tables, listings, and graphs in support of biostatistics across all medical affairs, health economic outcome research, non-clinical projects. Provides leadership role for the evaluation and adaptation of new computing technology and programming practice regarding statistical programming and system development. Drives Allergan’s global statistical programming operations with coherent ICH/GCP compliant processes and procedures. Directs the development, maintenance, and implementation of programming standards, conventions, standard reporting systems and macro utility programs to achieve high efficiency and quality in statistical programming
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide programming and documentation support for studies or projects; Ensure study is consistent with standard templates and specifications; Manage timelines for assigned tasks; Performs quality control for documents and outputs
- Oversees all programming activities in the assigned MA or HEOR or NC program. Ensure all projects within program are consistent with program defined standard and specifications. Mentors/oversees junior level programmers
- Selects and hires qualified and cost‐effective CROs to obtain optimal mixture of internal and external resources. Monitors the performance of CROs to ensure high quality products and services.
- Assists to evaluate and adopt new computing technology and programming practices regarding statistical programming and system development.
- Excellent knowledge of clinical trial methodology, emerging global programming and data interchange standards, as well as programming system development and validation.
- Demonstrated technical abilities and skills particularly in statistical software package (e.g. SAS, R, JMP, S‐Plus, WINSTEPS, WINBURGS)
- Analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Demonstrated organizational, verbal, written and inter‐personal skills
- Excellent ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Vendor management skills
- At least six (6) years of pharmaceutical experience with MS or MS equivalent or a BS degree with eight (8) years of experience. Education/experience combination equivalent to a post graduate degree in statistics or statistics‐related field is preferred.