Office Assistant / Receptionist (Mansfield, Texas)
Specialty contractor located in Mansfield, Texas, seeking an individual to handle various office administrative and clerical functions for a contracting/manufacturing office. The position will serve as a liaison between the branch office and the corporate headquarters.
The position will be responsible for providing support in our cost accounting, purchasing, billing, payroll timekeeping, and human resource functions on a daily basis. Candidate should be self-motivated with the ability to work independently, have time management skills, and exhibit a high level of organization.
DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting general office activities by organizing and implementing office operations and procedures, controlling correspondence, organizing and maintaining filing systems, and otherwise sustaining clerical functions.
- Supporting billing (A/R) efforts by assisting Customers with completing inbound job work orders.
- Obtaining all necessary paperwork in a timely manner from Customers and Project Managers for associated jobs to include purchase orders, sales tax exemption forms and submit to Corporate office.
- Supporting cost accounting efforts by tracking and documenting expenditures, including labor, equipment and materials, on a project or job work order basis.
- Supporting purchasing efforts by issuing purchase orders and documenting expenses as directed by management and supervisory staff.
- Supporting payroll efforts by tracking, investigating, and documenting labor hours expended on either shop or field projects as directed, to include collection and data entry into timekeeping software.
- Supporting human resource efforts and functions, including interacting with production employees and prospects, defining and implementing recruiting and selection processes for new employee prospects, and orienting and coaching new hires on policies and procedures. Will be the primary person obtaining new hire paperwork and verifying its completion and accuracy before forwarding to Corporate.
- Supporting management, sales, and supervisory staff with clerical functions as directed.
- QUALIFICATIONS include, but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, with additional education background preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of documented work experience, preferably in the contracting or manufacturing fields.
- Basic knowledge of office accounting functions, including A/R, A/P, cost accounting, sales tax reporting, collections, timekeeping, and file management.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using computers, multi-line phone, and other means of electronic communication.
- Bi- or multi-lingual candidates are preferred.
Candidate should be able to multi-task, self-motivate, and maintain a professional and courteous attitude within a fast-paced office setting. Must be punctual, detail-oriented, possess excellent written & verbal communication skills and have the ability to complete tasks on schedule. A strong background in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) is required. Prior experience in a construction, contracting and/or manufacturing office would be preferred. Bilingual language skill (Spanish speak/write) is a plus. The position is full time, working Monday - Friday during regular business hours. Compensation is expected to be hourly (non-exempt), and will be negotiable based on experience. Medical and life insurance programs and 401k savings plans will be made available for full time employees. Offer contingent on a pre-employment drug screen. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Duties: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Mansfield, TX (Preferred)