1. Establishes clear goals and objectives related to the School Improvement Plan.
2. Plans and prepares lessons, assessments, and instructional materials.
3. Establishes learning objectives consistent with the appraisal of student needs, curriculum framework, and knowledge of human growth and development.
4. Teaches district-level curriculum.
5. Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including, but not limited to, lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling, and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
6. Administer county-wide assessment.
7. Prepares, administers, and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
8. Analyze formative and summative assessment data to plan for appropriate instruction.
9. Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
10. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
11. Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
12. Councils pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
13. May serve on special committees.
14. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, textbooks, materials, and facilities.
15. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, Board Policy, and Administrative Regulations.
16. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings, and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
17. Improves skills and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving, and interdisciplinary connections.
18. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, teacher assistants, and volunteers.
19. Display professional behavior at all times.
20. Participate in professional learning opportunities to extend skills and knowledge of content and pedagogy.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.