Sunday - Thursday / Option to start at 7, 8, or 9am
Home Depot Equipment Services is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
The Field Service Professional (FSP) maintains a variety of light industrial equipment found in retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, checkout stands, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts. This Field Service Professional is a hybrid role, which means you will also provide preventive maintenance services to mobility carts, shopping carts, and ladders. FSPs generally provide maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 1.5-hour radius of their home. The hours for this position are based on customers' maintenance needs and will vary.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Be available and accessible by phone and tablet daily as required
- Maintain, troubleshoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
- Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
- Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
- Explain each service and repair performed to customers
- Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
- Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Use tablet applications for word processing, modify Excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Regional Services Equipment Manager
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Working conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in cold, hot and damp areas.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license for the state in which you live and work. Good driving record.
- Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
- Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
- 1-3+ years wrench-in-hand experience (Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.)
- Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
- Must reside within 15-20 miles of the target city
- Must have standard tools used in the craft, and be proficient in handheld technology (tablets / laptops / smartphones)
- Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to 20 feet. Employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 80 pounds. Employee is required to talk and hear. Driving for extended periods of time.
- Welding experience preferred