New Construction Project Engineer Opening!
Southland Holdings is currently accepting resumes for a highly motivated and experienced Project Engineer/Field Engineer for a large bridge project in Peoria, IL.
For more than 90 years, hard-working, honest, innovative people have been building what has become SOUTHLAND HOLDINGS. We combine the strengths of five companies who share a dedication to building critical infrastructure projects which improve the environment and lives of those around us.
- Assist Project Manager, Quality Control Manager & Superintendents with entry level engineering tasks, material take-offs, work plans, submittals, estimates, etc…
- Collects measurements and information to compare to contract documentation to depict changes, requests for information, etc…
- Assist with performing onsite construction administration and construction observation services including reporting, safety documenting, monitoring & inspections.
- Evaluates change order requests including design changes, specifications and drawing releases and reports status.
- Reviews and processes as-built drawings to ensure that all changes during the course of construction are recorded.
- Completes project close out requirements in accordance with contract documents.
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of civil construction field experience
- Must have AutoCAD drafting experience to be considered for this position.
- BS, Civil Engineering or equivalent preferred
- P6 Experience preferred
- Experience with job cost, contract administration, submittals, handeling of subcontractors and vendor required
- Must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain & climbing for the purpose of performing the duties outlined above.
- Must be willing to travel and/or relocate as needed.
Full-Time Employee Benefits: Competitive pay, Health/Dental/Vision/Life & 401K company match. Paid holidays/vacation. Employee Referral program.
Southland Holdings is an EEO employer - M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance