Job Description Summary
Assists with various activities in the accounting department, including compiling payroll data, processing employee benefits, reconciling cash receipts, and coordinating billing by performing the following duties.
- Performs intermediate level clerical accounting duties, requiring some analysis and individual judgment in the application of routine calculation, verification, and posting procedures to recurring assignments.
- Provide Support to Managers, Office Staff and hourly employees.
- Prepare & Report plant operational cost.
- Input hourly job and cost center changes.
- Verify, balance, and reconcile various types of transactions.
- Process data and send invoices for accounts receivable.
- Collect information on new vendors to be added into the system.
- Verify and process payroll.
- Posts and balance subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare, adjust, and close journal entries.
- Participates in safety and health focused improvements.
- Assists in preparing budgets and reports including estimates and forecasts.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.