TOP PAY FOR TOP PEOPLE IN THE TOP JOBS!
CAN YOU WORK TO TENTHS?
Progage is a closely held manufacturing business focused on the custom design and manufacture of dimensional inspection systems for the aerospace and gas turbine industry. Our 20 person (and growing !) company has been creating unique measurement solutions for our clients for over 30 years.
We are a Tool Room for our customers. We Design & Manufacture precision Fixtures, Gages, and Machines to confirm the dimensional accuracy of their parts. Our tools are built to tolerances of ±.0005", using your parts that are often ground to ±.0002".
The Precision Grinder position is for a Toolmaker, or Toolmaker-in-training. This is considered a career position within Progage, and is one of the most visible, respected, and critical positions within the company.
The fully qualified candidate, at the top end of the pay scale, would have these skills:
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a toolroom grinding position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of angles, compound angles, sine plates, and the required trigonometry skills.
- Proficient with measurement instruments at an accuracy of .0001".
- Competent in the selection of wheel sizes, geometries, and grits.
- Proficient at reading prints, and visualizing setups.
- A team player, and leader's personality.
Less experienced candidates will be considered for a training position, if you have all of these minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years in a manufacturing environment as a machinist.
- A minimum of 2 year technical degree.
- A minimum of 21 years old.
All applicants must be US citizens.
This is a full time, first shift, permanent position. You will work in a clean, well equipped, air conditioned shop. Compensation includes overtime, vacation, health benefits, paid holidays, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- College + Machining: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)