The Test Lead manages functional User Acceptance Testing and End to End testing activities on small to large projects, for Bath & Body Works Direct. The scope of the role encompasses test case creation, bug tracking (loading defects, managing priority/dupes), bug status reports and managing defect calls as needed with all developers and project team. The Test Lead may also develop a recommended approach for documenting test cases and tracking defects to make the execution as barrier-free as possible for testers, and giving the correct information to the developers. For smaller projects, this person will also be a tester. This role will likely manage testing for multiple smaller projects concurrently.
The Test Lead will work in partnership with the Project Manager/Business Analyst to gather requirement documentation to create test cases with expected results. This role will also be responsible for facilitating test execution and the defect management process. The test lead will report status to project leadership regularly and will own the identification and escalation of any issues or risks for the testing work stream on the project. The Test Lead will use tools such as excel and JIRA to manage the test bed and defects.
This role may also have involvement on supporting internal developers to run Unit Testing/QA prior to code being tested in UAT. In the future, this role may support the defect process for test automation, though creating the scripts/running the automated testing is not in scope of this role. The Test Lead may also support documentation creation as our projects ebb and flow.
Additionally, this role will support production site issues through the Customer Insights tool ForeSee and possibly other tools. ForeSee is a survey and feedback tool where the Test Lead will manage the day-to-day results and roll up customer insights into actionable lists or recommended fixes/projects to be reviewed with the Manager, Internet Projects & Site Experience.
- 5+ years experience in test / UAT leadership roles.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Retail / eCommerce testing experience is required.
- Experience in Customer Insight tools is preferred.
- Expert in functional testing process, including test scope identification, test requirements management, test case development, test scheduling, and defect management.
- Independently documents and presents test strategies / plans to project and business leaders.
- Experience partnering with multiple resources on projects.
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills with IT and Business audiences.
- Excels at working in a project environment and on cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- Consistently delivers day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Independently develops key deliverables and publishes without supervisor review.
- Proactively applies a systematic approach to data gathering and analysis to make key decisions that are supported by facts.
- Able to influence others without authority in order to drive decision-making and solutions.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.