As a Procurement Operations Analyst for the Dr. Schneider Automotive Inc., you will own the site’s indirect procurement operation responsibilities, including budgeting, forecasting, procurement process analyses, financial analyses, investment strategy, purchase order management and vendor management. You will lead supplier management KPI and metrics reporting, and work with stakeholders to find and understand deviation and improvement areas. You will provide procurement leadership and align with the building leadership team to drive efficiencies and improvements at the site(s).
- Analyze financial and other data, including revenue, expenditure, and employment reports in order to recommend and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Recommend investment strategy for purchase of machinery, equipment, tools and others.
- Recommend individual investments and collections of investments.
- Provide analyses in areas such as internal costs, parts procurement, back orders, or delivery processes.
- Manage KPI to measure, control and benchmark procurement processes including creation of recurring metrics reports to drive improvements for the Operations network
- Measure actual vs planned savings; as savings trends are identified, own action plans to meet goals and develop solutions.
- Work in partnership both internally and with suppliers to develop innovative solutions to provide Procurement support to the Operations network.
- Align with internal customers, Finance and Procurement Operations to understand budgetary targets by building and develop methods of measuring and defining savings, value and other category metrics.
- Using input from the category team, build the category metrics model to track and monitor performance in relationship to the category strategy.
- Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
- Interview personnel and conduct onsite observations to determine the methods, equipment, and personnel that will be needed.
- Develop solutions or alternative practices. Recommend new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
- Make recommendations to management through presentations or written reports.
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Interpret data on production elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Study economic and business trends.
- Consistently study compliance/regulatory updates and changes in industry best practices; monitor existing regulations; and advise stakeholders on findings.
Education and Training:
- Degree in Econometrics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Technical Management, or closely related field
On The Job Knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in cost accounting and procurement
- 3+ years of experience in supply chain operations in the automotive industry
- Experience with modeling sequential data, statistical forecasting, and time series models.
- Supplier/ vendor relationship management experience
- Experience understanding process flow and suggest improvements to deliver cost savings, inventory reduction, or other benefits to the site
- SAP Accounting software knowledge
- SAP Financial analysis software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software Xpert and SAP
- Data base user interface and query software (Microsoft Access)
- 1+ years’ experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and analytical platforms, including but not limited to the ability to analyze data using pivots and V-Lookups
Soft Skills/Other Knowledge:
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- German Language— Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Job Type: Full-time
- cost accounting and procurement: 3 years (Required)
- SAP Financial analysis: 1 year (Required)
- SAP Accounting software: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and analytical platform: 1 year (Required)
- supply chain operations in the: 3 years (Required)
- automotive industry: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- German (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules