H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
DO YOU CODE WELL WITH OTHERS?
H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Information Solutions Partners collaborate to design, construct, implement, and support technology solutions. As a Developer, you will code, test, and debug new and existing applications, as well as research and fact-find to assist in development and modifications. Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources-People-drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a passion for working with others to help accomplish their vision?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... an ability to leverage technology to produce big-picture solutions?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a relentless drive for finding the best answer? a desire to see a project through to the end?
Design & Development:
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- programming and research skills
- abilities in analytics, time-management, communication, and coaching
What is the work?
- Leverages CoE-approved languages and development tools (such as Informatica, TIBCO, SQL) to communicate with end users, gather requirements, code / configure, maintain, test, and debug modifications to existing applications of basic to medium complexity, or executes the same in the development of new applications
- Design and implement integrations based on the acceptable patterns of ETL design patterns for the various requirements of a project
- Utilize knowledge of various platforms for ETL development and the unique constraints of each to meet business and non-functional requirements (Portability, Scalability, throughput, usability)
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity; works with software vendors as needed
- Creates / contributes to system and application designs
- Uses / contributes to the refinement of CoE-related tools, standards, and training
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership.
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 0-3 years of experience
- Experience with/Knowledge of Big Data Technologies preferred
- Experience in the following areas preferred: Informatica, TIBCO, SQL, Java
- Experience in multiple development platforms preferred (client / server, browser, mobile, package, etc.), and knowledge of their unique constraints in order to meet their non-functional requirements
- Proficiency in System administration of at least one enterprise-class application suite preferred
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Developer?
- Highly skilled in at least one CoE-approved programming language and platform
- Great interpersonal / communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to create and contribute to system / application design
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours
Primary Location US-TX-San Antonio
Work Locations Headquarters-Arsenal 646 S. Flores San Antonio 78204
Job IS Developer C
Organization Corporate Region
Job Type Full-time
Job Posting Sep 24, 2018, 9:54:14 PM Unposting Date Dec 24, 2018, 5:59:00 AM