In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care – including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.ascension.org/wisconsin. We’re looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
The Lab Manager manages the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management.
- Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations.
- Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Specialist Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Acceptable Technlgst certs credentialed from the Am. Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Cert (ASCP-BOC): Blood Banking (BB), Chemistry (C), Cytogenetics (CG), Cytotechnologist (CT), Histotechnologist (HTL), Microbiology (M), Molecular Biology (MB).
- Certified Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Acceptable Technician certifications credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC): Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT-ASCP), Histotechnician (HT-ASCP)
- Certified Medical Laboratory Scientist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Acceptable Spclst certs credentialed from the Am. Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Cert (ASCP-BOC): Blood Banking (SBB), Chemistry (SC), Cytotechnology (SCT), Microbiology (SM), Pathologists' Assistant (PA), Diplomate Certification (DLM).
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's Degree required in Laboratory Sciences, Biology, Management, or related field
How To Apply
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in the field of the primary work required. Minimum four (4) years of clinical experience required if acting as technical supervisor for lab section.
We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you’ve applied.
Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers.
Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.