Seaview Boatyard North, located in Squalicum Harbor Marina in Bellingham, is currently seeking an organized, detail oriented, motivated employee to provide excellent customer service to our clients and administrative support to our Bellingham team. The ideal candidate is smart and confident, with great work ethic and a proactive approach to problem solving who excels at multi-tasking in a high volume, fast paced, constantly changing environment.
This position requires the ability to self-motivate and work independently, as well as, function as part of a team that includes management, accounting, purchasing staff and technicians. A good sense of humor, strong communication skills and appreciation of the idiosyncrasies of a non-traditional office environment will serve as a great asset in this position. Our work environment is quirky, friendly and fun. Our team is unique, diverse and committed to seeing Seaview Boatyard grow and thrive.
Primary Administrative and Office responsibilities include:
- Answer phones and email inquiries
- Schedule appointments
- Provide customer service to a diverse customer base, in person and over the phone
- Enter customer and vessel information accurately in database
- Update and maintain work orders and storage contracts
- Prepare billing reports and invoices for boat repair projects of varying size and duration
- Generate monthly A/R Statements for customers and assist Bookkeeper with A/R collections
- Work with Managers to perform mid-month and month end closing processes
- Provide administrative support including all general office tasks, updating Excel spreadsheets, data entry, assistance with estimating, correspondence and customer follow-up
- Two or more years of increasingly responsible and relevant work experience
- Proficiency with computers and Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized, team player with a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills in dealings with clients, vendors, management and co-workers
- Experience in marine, automotive or construction industries is a plus, but not essential
- Boat knowledge is a plus, but not a requirement
Ideally this position is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 7:45am - 5:00pm year around. Starting wages depend upon experience. We also offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), and paid sick leave/vacation.
Part time employment may be an option, Seaview is willing to be flexible with hours and days.
If you are interested in applying, please send your cover letter and resume to:
2652 Harbor Loop Drive, Bellingham, WA 98225 / email:
jobs @seaviewboatyard.com (PDF documents preferred)