- Provide support for Career Center for Life Calling initiatives.
- Partner with academic colleges, departments, student organizations and external businesses and not-for-profit organizations to support life calling programs and events.
- Contribute to life calling department and grants reporting and marketing efforts.
- Supervise CCLC student ambassador team.
- Provide student career coaching including: career assessments, major and career exploration, job/experiential learning opportunities, graduate school planning, and career readiness skill development through group work and 1:1 appointments.
- Facilitate reflection to explore the student’s gifts, purpose, “student’s why” and developmental path (major, co-curricular experiences, career exploration via internships, etc.).
- Administer and interpret career assessment instruments appropriately.
- Introduce and connect students to experiential learning opportunities that are relevant and support their career exploration, skill development, and career goals.
- Facilitate both general and major-specific career programming aligning with academic departmental needs, which may include in-class presentations, campus-wide workshops and/or student club presentations on career planning, graduate school preparation and job/internship-search topics.
- Coordinate on-campus recruiting programs. Provide strategy for engaging students with employer postings, events, and on-campus recruiting activities.
- Prepare Occupational Life Calling student self-evaluations, summarize results.
- Serve on departmental and university-wide committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Successful office experience with demonstrated administrative skills
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications
- Utilization of data management systems (Colleague, Handshake, etc.)
- Exhibits knowledge of Life Calling concepts and a commitment to Ashland University’s Life Calling initiatives
- Embraces and demonstrates servant leadership characteristics
- Multi-tasking ability with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail
- Works well independently and as a member of a team
lifting, carrying boxes, materials 25-30lbs
Anticipated Start Date of New Hire
Anticipated Number of Hours Working per Week