C3 IoT is looking for a user experience designer to join it's growing team. This person will play a pivotal role in the creation of new products and the improvement of existing products. The role will also help define user interaction and design standards for use across the company's entire product portfolio. The preferred candidate must understand the principles of user centered design and will strive to make software delightful and intuitive. A design portfolio is required in order to be considered. Your portfolio presentation should demonstrate strong story telling skills and a command of best practices and the principals of design.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work with product managers to translate high level requirements and use cases into detailed process flows, wireframes and product designs.
- Drive end-to-end interaction design: collaborating with stakeholders to determine how users will navigate and interact with C3 IoT products.
- Design and deliver user stories, user journeys, mockups and interactive prototypes.
- Identify design problems and develop elegant solutions.
- Work with the user experience team to define and maintain UI/UX standards that will ensure uniformity across all C3 IoT products.
- Take a user-centered approach to rapidly test and iterate on product concepts.
- Represent design thinking in discussions with product stakeholders, assess design needs for projects, work with product managers to scope and refine projects.
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of design experience in the enterprise software space.
- Ability to communicate product designs in a way that stakeholders can understand and relate to.
- Experience with user personas, user scenarios and wire framing.
- Experience with user-centered design and testing methodologies.
- Ability to quickly iterate on designs and solutions based on stakeholder feedback.
- A willingness to help and share knowledge with other team members.
- An insatiable appetite for feedback and constructive criticism.
- Experience with UX design tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- The ability to anticipate needs and take required actions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Preference for candidates with a degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, and other related fields.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- General knowledge of big data, analytics, and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts, examples, and benefits.
- Ability to manage priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with:
- Presenting to and influencing others.
- Creating style guides and pattern libraries to drive product consistency.
- Group presentations and public speaking.
C3 IoT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status. Please let us know if you have a disability that requires an accommodation.