Full Time, Contract
Ridgefield Park, NJ
JOB SUMMARY FOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST:
- The Procurement team delivers results to all divisions. As a shared service across functional areas, Procurement leads vendor management initiatives by working closely with business owners and internal Procurement team members. Identifies and implements best-in-class solutions to ensure purchasing, vendor management and compliance requirements are met. The atmosphere within the team is high speed, high intensity, and high expectations.
- The Procurement Audit Analyst has overall responsibility of supporting the strategy for validating performance of the vendors and continuous improvement for the client's indirect procurement operations. The right candidate will have deep expertise in procurement and/or audit functions capable of executing defined strategy. He/She will work across multiple teams across geographies to drive improvements in operational systems, processes and policies to drive best in class execution and vendor compliance
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST:
- Responsible to execute procurement strategy to evaluate vendor performance. This position will validate the execution of marketing projects nationwide and ensuring work was performed to the expected level of quality and satisfaction of marketing project owners. Additionally, individual will support driving Marketing BQMS (client's eSourcing Portal) adoption and usage by working closely with HQ, audit, and internal Procurement team members and Marketing business owners. Finally, the position will also be responsible for strong financial analytical support and serve as the “go-to” individual acting as the primary liaison between Procurement, audit, and internal business areas to support collaborative Procurement/Finance, Audit & Marketing strategic initiatives.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In this position, either directly or through others, the candidate will:
- Build relationship with internal and external stakeholder, including suppliers, to understand scope and gather critical information. This may include data input, hours allocation, subcontractor cost transparency, and any other detailed proof of performance information
- Create cost models to validate vendor pricing and payments. Actively benchmarks costs suppliers and vendor performance through internal transactional data and external sources
- Develop proper checklist for validation associated with specific marketing activity. The checklist will need to be customized based on information gathered from internal and external conversations
- Validate execution of projects by visiting sites(e.g. events/exhibitions) and confirming deliverables for major projects
- Gather internal/external documentation for marketing projects that can be validated remotely (e.g. promotions, gift card/rewards, etc.)
- Develop improvement plan, corrective action plan, or escalation plan should be developed to properly address the discrepancies in performance
- All findings will be recorded, tracked, and summarized for reporting to top management
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university
- 0-3+ years purchasing experience (or equivalent) in Purchasing, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Audit
- In-depth use and knowledge of MS Project, Excel (advanced skills such as Macros), Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SAP
- Experience performing large Sourcing/Procurement system implementations, vendor financial evaluations, vendor performance reviews and compliance risk assessments to insure process requirements are met
- Ability to analyze, implement and develop key compliance and cost savings initiatives throughout the different areas of the company; Must have a data driven approach to solving problems
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and strong prioritization skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Must be a strong team player and able to lead or participate on cross functional teams
- This position demands a high degree of ethics and professionalism to ensure control of the company’s expenditures
- Excellent analytical, planning, negotiation, and written & oral communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others and drive meaningful change results
- Medical, Dental, PTO, Holiday tailored to meet your needs. 401K/Match, $15,000 Life Insurance, Award-Winning Employee Care Program. Established and highly regarded reputation with Green Card and H1 processing.
Why should you choose Epitec?
We started Epitec with a single focus, “Placing People First.” Knowing every good endeavor begins with listening and understanding, we’ve set about challenging every part of the employment process. Bringing the proper connections together for the perfect fit.
How is Epitec different?
Epitec gets to know our prospective employees, using these insights to locate the perfect placement for you. We are there, every step of the way. Providing a best-in-class compensation package combined with the opportunity to grow financially and personally through your work.
What is the result?
Epitec represents the world’s top companies and works to fill their open jobs with the world’s best talent. That’s led to Epitec servicing an impressive list of Fortune 100 companies. We've also won many awards, including one of Crain’s Detroit Business “Cool Places to Work,” and 101 Best & Brightest – local, national and elite winner. And that’s just the beginning, as we work to innovate the way the world thinks about employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Project: 1 year (Required)
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)
- SAP: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Access: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off