Busy fundraising office is seeking an energetic self-starter for the position of Development Associate. This is a near-entry level opportunity for an individual who desires to build a successful career in alumni relations, development, and fundraising. Reporting to the Director of Development Events, the Development Associate will support the team to plan a variety of events and programs supporting school based and University-wide development efforts. There are 25-30 development events annually, including Galas, cultivation receptions, lectures and meetings.
- Work with the events team to plan, fundraise and organize special events and meetings.
– Primary person to track donor correspondence, event registration and attendance in the database; Keep accurate RSVP lists and provide key leadership with weekly reports.
– Design and draft content for emails, basic event invitations, menu cards and program flyers.
– Manage and write original content for social media postings for development events.
– Manage and execute large scale mailings:
write solicitation letters, maintain lists, prepare mail merges, and coordinate mail house logistics.
– Correspond directly with alumni and donors to follow up on invitations; confirm attendance; sell tickets.
– Attend Galas, donor receptions and other special events.
– Special projects and administrative support as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred. – At least 1-2 years professional experience in related field, including development, marketing, customer service or public relations. – Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment. – Excellent organization skills and detail oriented. – Ability to provide a high level of customer service — strong writing and phone communication skills. – Ability to professionally interact with all levels of students, staff, faculty and outside groups. – MUST be comfortable with data entry and using databases. Experience using a fundraising database or CRM platform is a plus. – Proficiency in MS word, MS excel, and Adobe Photoshop is desired. – Travel to multiple campuses and evening and weekend work may be required.
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Travel to multiple campuses and evening and weekend work may be required.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S00097P
Job Open Date 03/24/2018
Job Close Date 04/24/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
About the Institution
For more than 100 years, Pace University has been preparing students to become leaders in their fields by providing an education that combines exceptional academics with professional experience and the New York advantage. Pace has campuses in New York City and Westchester County. A private metropolitan university, Pace enrolls nearly 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in the College of Health Professions, Dyson College of Arts and Sciences, Lubin School of Business, School of Education, Elisabeth Haub School of Law, and Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits Offered http://www.pace.edu/human-resources/compensation-benefits/prospective-full-time-employee