Case Investigator: Experience in Public Healthcare is required.
Responsible for the following:
- Receiving reports of persons suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19.
- Locating and interviewing the identified candidates.
- Clearly and concisely gather information about symptoms, exposures and identifying others with whom might possibly be infectious.
- Investigator will be responsible to determine if the case is part of a larger group with a higher risk of transmission.
- Monitor and document the person’s compliance with isolation protocols
- Responsible to coordinate with Epidemiologists who are investigating outbreaks.
- Enter information in a statewide database with the assurance of accuracy and detail.
- Knowledge of public health practices, communicable diseases, disease control and epidemiologic methods.
- Ability to manage, compile, analyze and present data.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer software packages.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in public health.
Highly Desirable Qualification:
- Master’s of Public Health or related field
- Understanding of medical terminology and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, symptoms of disease, presymptomatic and asymptomatic infection.
- Basic skills of crisis counseling and case management.
Resumes must represent some or the majority of the above experience to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Manassas, VA 20110 (Required)
- Candidate must live in the Prince William County, VA area. Are you a local resident?