Pioneer Crossing Casino Fernley Position-Dish Washer $8.25 Hr.
Summary of job:
Cleans, transports and stores all pots, pans, dishes, and utensils used in the Food and Beverage operations and maintains cleanliness/order of storage rooms and kitchen areas of property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned).
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in restaurant.
- Ensures that the restaurant has the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there are sufficient amounts of carts to place dirty items in for transport.
- Responsible for proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 6 months dishwashing experience in a restaurant setting preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English language.
- Knowledge of chemicals, sanitation and ware washing techniques and procedures.
- Effectively and courteously interact, communicate and cooperate with coworkers in kitchen and dining room to ensure quality customer service and keep up kitchen standards.
- Maintain clean appearance and practice good personal hygiene in accordance with the state /governmental health agency rules and requirements.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures varying from +110F kitchens to --10F freezers, possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced motion with full range of mobility for up to 4 consecutive hours. Must have ability to bend, squat, climb, walk, see clearly, and hear well.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and push 250 lbs. carts, as well as frequently carry and lift food trays/items of up to 30lbs. throughout shift.
- Must be able to operate within confined spaces and perform acts of repetitive motion.