As the Events Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Brightidea Annual User Conference, Synthesize. The position requires superior organization, negotiation, and communication skills, as well as being able to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. The ideal candidate must be an experienced event planning professional.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Plan, manage and execute annual User Conference, Synthesize.
- Work closely with our CEO, Marketing, Professional Services, and Product teams
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on event programs
- Manage the day-to-day relationship and activities with external vendors and event partners.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Negotiate agreements with vendors and sponsor contacts to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Determine fiscal requirements and manage event budget including the collection of receipts and all surrounding documents
- Coordinate event environment (signage, branding etc.) and manage the execution of events onsite
- Analyze event operations and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Troubleshoot and smooth issues related to the successful execution of the event program
- Record event analysis, budget recaps, internal and client feedback and incorporate learning into future event plans
- Source and manage promotional items for key marketing initiatives
What you need to Succeed
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- 6+ years event planning experience
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong networks and build credibility within the organization
- Ability to perform well in a team environment and manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Must be flexible and solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail
- Ability to process a vast amount of information and understand and prioritize competing business needs
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and vendors at all levels to meet business goals
- Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
- Highly organized self-starter
- BA/BS from an accredited university with 3-6 years of experience working in an event marketing capacity
Helping large companies innovate isn’t easy, but it is vital. Vital to creating new jobs, vital to igniting growth, vital to ensuring a safe, healthy and prosperous future for billions around the globe.
But, innovation at large companies is a mess. Employees often have lots of ideas to improve the business, but, with no formal process, their ideas go unheard, and they eventually give up trying to make a difference. Corporate innovation teams are expected to support a growing list of activities but have historically lacked strong tools designed for the job. Executives, despite having millions to invest, live in fear of disruption, and still have no idea where their “next big idea” will come from, or if it will come at all.
Our Company & Culture
We are a tight-knit, entrepreneurial minded team of self-starters who show up every day with a singular mission: to transform the way the world innovates. Our primary focus this year is to continue to add exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to the Brightidea team. We are ambitious, bold, highly-collaborative, focused, and we aim to win. We take a humble approach to changing the way corporate R&D teams run innovation challenges.
Anyone joining our company will have the opportunity to shape the culture and be an integral part of setting it up for long term success. If you identify with being humble, T-shaped, and relentlessly resourceful then this could be the perfect team for you to shine in.
Brightidea believes that everyone has the ability to make a difference and that a diverse team generates more innovation and bigger ideas. Just as our product invites organizations to crowd source innovation across their workforce, Brightidea is inclusive and does not discriminate. We accept everybody.