Exhibit technical knowledge in neurotechnology, and expert problem-solving skills, and assist with future goals of neurotechnology and neuroscience. Work to impact national investment through the advancement of state-of-the-art neural interfaces, algorithms for encoding and decoding, and neurotechnology by combining strategic advising with in-depth technical analysis. Conduct background research in evaluating the feasibility and defense applications of new technological concepts. Produce and present findings and recommendations to a team of colleagues and clients and assist with technical program management, program development, and briefing materials for government research and development (R&D) efforts. Serve as a strategic consultant to government science and technology R&D clients. Maintain responsibility and leverage technical expertise and relationships to serve clients. Provide strategic assessments of new technologies in support of senior-level decision makers.
- Experience with engineering interfaces for recording from and controlling the central or peripheral nervous system
- Experience with electric, magnetic, optogenetic, acoustic, or other modalities for interfacing with the nervous system
- Experience with implementing closed–loop control algorithms to adapt nervous stimulation in real-time
- Experience with multiple first author contributions in peer reviewed papers or patents
- Ability to explain and present complex scientific concepts
- Ability to commute to Arlington, VA
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- PhD degree in Engineering and 4+ years of experience with developing neural interface technologies in a professional or academic environment
- Experience with neuro-engineering, biomedical engineering, neuroscience, electrical engineering, materials science, machine learning, or a related field
- Experience with medical device development and regulatory processes
- Experience with science and technology policy
- Possession of excellent oral communication skills
- Possession of excellent scientific writing skills for a broad audience, and ranging from research scientists to non-technical managers
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.