What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent:
it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The AMD Game Engineering team works closely with external games software developers and publishers to create some of the best games on the planet. We help them to fully exploit the technical capabilities of AMD's hardware products. Our aim is to raise the standards for gaming graphics and performance and we do everything in our power to make the user understand why they were right to buy AMD.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the external game development partners of AMD to enable them to produce their applications as efficiently as possible.
- Optimize game and application performance for discrete GPUs, APUs and CPUs.
- Design and implement rendering effects using established APIs
- Integrate features into game titles
The ideal candidate is a highly-skilled software designer and engineer, strong in 3D math, fluent in C and C++ and the efficient use of discrete GPUs, APUs, and CPUs. You're team-driven and motivated to do things others might find too difficult.
The following experiences are optional but highly desired:
- Has several years of experience efficiently creating C/C++ game code for Windows and knows all about data structures, design patterns, language features, standard libraries and writing easy-to-understand code.
- Has practical hands-on experience with DirectX-class development tools and techniques for Windows.
- Has strong graphics code optimization skills, in particular shader code optimizations.
- Understands that requirements are rarely perfect and is willing to extract the spirit of the requirement to make the system or software better.
- Has a degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent.
- Has excellent written and verbal skills.
- Is willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis.
- GCN graphics architecture experience.
- Experience with DirectX 12 or Vulkan graphics APIs.
- Familiarity with Virtual Reality concepts and programming
United States State: California City: Santa Clara
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.