The Director of Logistics reports to and will be supervised by the MSSI Program Manager and will provide Mission Logistics Support throughout Iraq and the entire MSSI Program. Director of Logistics will work directly with the PMO staff as well as program medical staff to ensure that all logistics operations are handled in accordance with best practices. This includes providing direction and oversight of MSSI logistics and property management functions for hospitals and clinics, geographically distributed throughout the country of Iraq. Director of Logistics will be responsible for ensuring all logistics activities are implemented in a timely manner and will report activities as required. Director of Logistics will directly manage a deputy director, warehouse manager and local national support, logistics expeditor, logistics technicians, property book team and local national hospital housekeeping staff in theater.
This position is based in Iraq.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is desired with at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in operations.
- Experience in military operations or previous military service as well as deployed experience in Iraq or Afghanistan is desirable.
- Experience as a civilian contractor with the US Department of State is highly desirable.
- Participate in training (including HIPAA training).
- Have and maintain current certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Must have recent experience in the position that is being applied for, for at least 6 months out of the past year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform and/or provide direction and support for the following services:
- Develops and manages all policies related to material control and management of Government property.
- Represents MSSI program as its senior supply chain management representative in promoting and maintaining positive relationships with the government, internal and external customers, and local suppliers.
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures to ensure MSSI contract compliance with contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM).
- Responsible for continuous improvement in all aspects of material and property life cycle.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the program in relation to supply and property management and serves as the liaison between the PMO and all functional areas under the MSSI area of operation.
- Drives standardization of logistics and property management functions program-wide in accordance with corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for oversight of a direct support medical warehouse with more than 2000 lines of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals to include controlled drugs.
- Ensures the receipt, storage and issuance of all supplies.
- Develops and manages a complex international shipping system that leverages national and international shipping vendors to distribute supplies and equipment throughout the program.
- Evaluate processes, workflows and solutions and identifies areas for improvement in daily operations.
- Captures usage data and forecasts consumption in accordance with scope of operations and projected program changes.
- Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Complies with all applicable Caliburn standards and guidelines.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver’s License.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport.
- Must sign a Caliburn Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) and is bound to the terms and conditions of the FSA.
- Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
- Work hours are based on a 72 hr. work week; typically six 12 hour days but other variations may apply.
- Requires a favorably adjudicated Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) investigation conducted by the Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting.
- Good eye/hand coordination required.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance Caliburn Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment; travel in Iraq is required by surface or air.
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time