Blue Force Gear, Inc. is a tactical gear company located in Pooler, GA. We are seeking a Production Operations Manager (Sewing) to lead our Production Team (Sewing and Laser Cutting)! This position is responsible for ensuring that products are produced efficiently, on time, and with the highest quality standards.Please note: this is a “hands-on” position and we are looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done! PRODUCTION SEWING IS REQUIRED.
- Plans, organizes, and develops production schedules to plan and provide the required level of finished goods for all projects and product lines.
- Works closely with Sr. Manager, Logistics Operations to ensure availability of all materials and components necessary to produce the finished products.
- Assists in the resolution of production, equipment, and systems problems, including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Drives continuous improvements and consistencies in processes
- Develops and executes production operational strategies and vision
- Monitors production processes, adjusts schedules as needed, and ensures that products are produced in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensures the availability of all materials and components necessary to produce finished products.
- Ensures that standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost effective technology is used to maximize production.
- Initiates recommendations for new equipment and improvements.
- Analyzes production and quality control issues to detect and correct problems.
- Determines personnel and material resources needs.
- Organizes the repair and routine maintenance of all production equipment.
- Implements and ensures that standard operating procedures for production are followed at all times.
- Updates standard operating procedures as needed.
- Prepares and maintains production reports.
- Conducts time studies and Kaizen events.
- Develops, monitors, and reports on operating costs within production department.
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting production to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Supervises and manages the daily activities and performance of production personnel.
- Develops KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and goals for production personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, materials management, industrial technology or related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience proven work experience as a production, manufacturing, materials management, and/or logistics manager, preferably in tactical gear or textile industries. PRODUCTION SEWING IS REQUIRED.
- Must be knowledgeable of production/manufacturing processes and techniques and sewing machinery.
- Must be knowledge of lean manufacturing, process improvement techniques, and Six Sigma.
Blue Force Gear is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to the job. Responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of the employer and do not establish a contract of employment – Blue Force Gear is an at will employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Sewing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Production Management: 5 years (Required)