SUPPORT - FOOD SERVICE/LEAD PRODUCTION WORKER (L6003)
DULANEY HIGH SCHOOL (087201)
BALTIMORE COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Lead Production Worker (10 - month position)
Cafeteria Manager, Food and Nutrition Services
Prepares a variety of menu items using standardized recipes. Responsible for the daily production of entrees, sauces, gravies, and vegetables. Performs other duties as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Responsible for the daily production of entrees, sauces, gravies, vegetables. Coordinates preparing multiple food items at once.
Prepares a variety of menu items using standardized recipes. Ability to increase/decrease quantity as needed. Batch cooking techniques followed.
Sets up serving lines/steam tables. Operates all food service equipment, such as: range, oven, steamer, kettle, food processor, and slicer.
Stores food and supplies according to procedures. Adheres to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) procedure, e.g., temperature control of food products during preparation, service, holding, and transporting.
Uses established production records and takes initiative to minimize leftovers and reduce waste.
Cleans and sanitizes daily and adheres to all sanitation standards. Adheres to all sanitation procedures for the production area.
Responsible for overall food quality of products served.
Assists manager in directing and instructing kitchen personnel.
Assists in placing food orders that may include, dairy, bakery, produce, ice cream, and snacks.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
High school diploma or appropriate equivalent required.
One (1) year experience in the field of food service.
Commercial cooking experience preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
Certified Food Service Manager-Level I certification (If candidate does not possess at the time of hire they must obtain within 90 days of hire into this classification
Required license and certification must be maintained throughout employment in this position or any other that requires these certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of School Nutrition and Accountability Program (WebSMARTT) point-of-sale.
Knowledge of food preparation, service, and storage. Knowledge of appropriate sanitation and safety standards. Skill in reading and interpreting recipes and determining appropriate quantities to prepare and serve. Ability to use food service equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. Ability to direct the work of others. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work of this class is performed in a kitchen and cafeteria environment. Duties require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, the ability to bend and kneel on a regular basis, and the ability to stand for three (3) hours or more consecutively. Also requires the ability to withstand extreme temperatures of hot and cold.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Annual completion of continuing education/training in accordance with the U.S. Department of Agriculture Professional Standards for school nutrition employees.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS: Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) is committed to providing the highest quality education to BCPS students and staff while ensuring the health and safety of its students, employees, customers, clients, contractors, interns, and other visitors. BCPS strongly encourages all persons to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Information about accessing COVID-19 vaccines and boosters can be found at https://coronavirusvaccineoutreach-bc-gis.hub.arcgis.com/. Detailed information about BCPS' COVID-19 mitigation plan and requirements can be found at https://www.bcps.org/covid19
Non-Exempt - 35 hours/week (6:30am - 2:00pm)
Grade 03 Food Service Scale ($14.91 - $22.07 per hour)
Eligible for the Baltimore County Employees’ Retirement System
The Board of Education of Baltimore County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or veteran status in matters affecting employment or in providing access to educational programs or activates and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding the Board’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to: EEC Officer, Officer of Equal Employment Opportunity, Baltimore County Public Schools, 6901 Charles Street, Building B, Towson, Maryland 21204 (443-809-8937).
Please read and carefully follow the instructions provided below.
- Applicants are required to have a completed application on file for employment with the Baltimore County Public Schools.
- Professional references must be submitted to complete your application. Examples of professional references include current and former principals, supervisors, managers, mentor teachers and university/college supervisors. Personal references from colleagues, friends, community members, etc. will not be accepted.
- Be sure to account for all periods of employment and unemployment, including student teaching and internship experience, and include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of employers.
- Be sure to answer all criminal background questions. If you answer "yes" to any of the criminal background questions you must provide a written explanation. A criminal offense does not necessarily exclude an applicant from employment with BCPS. Factors such as passage of time since the offense, the nature of the violation, and the extent of rehabilitation will be taken into consideration.
- All persons employed by the Baltimore County Public Schools, regular and temporary, are required to be fingerprinted and have a criminal background investigation (State of Maryland, Senate Bill 315, effective October 1, 1986) completed. The fee charged for fingerprinting is $106.00.
- An identification card will be issued which must be shown prior to employment.
- Anyone offered employment is required to provide proper identification and documentation of eligibility for employment in the US.
- If you have military experience you will be asked to provide a copy of DD214.
- Official transcripts for all higher education must be received prior to contract signing.
- Some positions will require employees to undergo a physical examination and/or drug testing.
- All newly hired personnel must attend a Badges and Benefits session.
- Additional job verification will be required for salary credit.
6901 Charles Street, E Building
Towson, Maryland 21204