We are seeking a Medical Scribe.The primary responsibility is to collaborate with the Interventional Pain Management physician in the documentation of each patient's medical chart during his/her visit at the Office. This well-developed team member will ensure a smooth/flowing effective program and optimize patient care.
Applicants will have a unique and rare opportunity to work directly with a double board certified subspecialist physician on staff at three major Puget Sound hospitals. This will yield profound insight into the daily life of an attending subspecialist physician and the care of medical patients.
- Accompany the physician into the patient examination area to transcribe findings at the bedside in real time as the physician evaluates the patient.
- Documentation of the history of the patient's chief complaint as given by the patient.
- Document the Review-of-Systems (ROS) and physical examination as given by the patient and physician.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Look up pertinent past medical records.
- Keep track of and enter the results of imaging studies.
- Enter documentation on patient progress.
- List proper diagnosis as well as any discharge/follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as dictated by the physician.
- Follow documentation compliance standards.
- Assure that the medical record is complete and that all pertinent documentation requirements are met, including the diagnosis, disposition and patient education interventions.
- Scribes do not directly render or order any patient care and should refer all requests to participate in any patient care to the physician or nursing staff; including transporting specimens, answering the phone, helping patients, etc.
- Be available for physician concerns and questions and ready to assist at all times.
- Ensuring the physician has everything he needs to prepare for a deposition if needed.
- Reviewing medical records requests for completion and accuracy.
- Provide back up for medical assistant in processing blood and bone marrow under Regenexx protocol.
- Other duties that may be asked of you include but are not limited to clinic flow.
- College Education or Enrollment Preferred with concentration in pre-medicine, biology, or completed courses in anatomy and medical terminology.
- Previous medical experience and familiarity with ICD10/CPT codes and/or medical terminology
- Previous Interventional Pain Management experience a strong PLUS.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical transcription/terminology background.
- Excellent typing skills including speed, a minimum of 60 wpm, with outstanding accuracy in order to complete timely dictations
- The ability to organize plan and coordinate multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently.
- Above average computer skills, with some data entry experience.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Must embody precision and accuracy with documentation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Scribe: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interventional Pain Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office or Facility: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Assistant (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: