Job Title: Assistant Employee Relations Manager FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources Location: Garden City
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Assistant Employee Relations Manager assists in various Human Resource activities as assigned and performs a variety of duties which focus on employee/management functions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages Georgia Ports Authority’s supported charitable campaigns to include chairing the United Way and March of Dimes campaigns.
2. Manages all aspects of the employee appreciation luncheons for each terminal.
3. Administers the GPA service award program.
4. Assists with the Internship Program.
5. Assists with community outreach projects as the opportunity arises.
6. Develops and manages the GPA Retention program, conducting retention interviews with new employees and bringing any issues to the attention of management.
7. Assists in the preparation of the HR budget: justifies requested allocations and monitors operating costs in compliance with approved budget.
8. Assists with the development of the Human Resources Strategic Plan, focusing on Employee Relations initiatives.
9. Updates information on the employee intranet, including employee discounts, contact information, and internal job postings.
10. Procures new employee discounts for GPA employees and promote accordingly.
11. Updates Forecast and Projections books for all departments and put in presentation format for Leadership Team.
12. Produces monthly Human Resources reports for management, such as labor report.
13. Order gift baskets/flowers and send sympathy cards to employees as needed.
14. Recommends green initiatives for the HR Department.
15. Oversees the GPA sporting activities, such as the GPA golf outing.
16. Maintains knowledge of all benefits GPA has to offer and is prepared to explain them when called upon to do so.
17. Assists the HR Managers with Job Fairs or other recruitment opportunities.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ability to develop, recommend, and implement employee/management policies. Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints, counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies and procedures; as well as charitable fundraisers and large scale events. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare written reports, correspondences, and presentations to senior leadership are required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with the GPA staff on all levels as well as outside agencies and the general public. Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions. Because of the nature of this position the ability to multi-task is a must.
Education and/or Experience:
Four year college degree in human resources, business or related field required. Experience in employee relations or customer service required. Three years related work experience desired. Experience in the management of large events is desired.
Must meet the criteria for and obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). Valid state driver’s license required