Centers Plan for Healthy Living's goal is to create the ultimate healthcare experience that provides our members, their families, healthcare decision makers, and general caregivers with the guidance and plans they need for healthy living.
The Assistant Director of Information Systems is responsible for overseeing and managing the configuration, development, support and maintenance of all core applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist in the development of a strategic plan demonstrating ways in which systems/technology and related processes can be used to improve upon the effectiveness and efficiency of our organization’s operations.
- Collaborate with operational areas on the selection of the optimal systems to meet business needs, while ensuring security, controls, disaster recovery and business continuity, avoidance of redundancy and general alignment with the IS/IT strategic vision and policies.
- Manage various projects to their successful completion by interacting with IS staff, operational areas and various other interdisciplinary teams.
- Coordinate with internal infrastructure team to ensure the optimal hardware and related configuration to support the organization’s hardware needs.
- Hire, coach and strategically lead a team of business systems analysts and developers toward the effective configuration, development, maintenance and support of core systems (e.g., medical management system, claims systems, data warehouse, etc.).
- Hire, coach and oversee a help desk to administer user access, manage data file transfers and service a systems/technical support line for the organization.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with various system vendors to ensure all systems/technology operate effectively in a way that aligns with our IT policies.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the operational areas that results in a very positive user experience for the organization.
BA/BS degree in Information Systems or equivalent IT experience
5+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of IT application development management experience
Healthcare, Government Health Plans
- MS Office
- Salesforce (Preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Must be able to participate in meetings with all levels of management within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be service oriented
- Appreciation of cultural diversity
# Direct Reports:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to the job classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Centers Plan For Healthy Living is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our employees and our business. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and will not be denied employment.