HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
We are looking to hire a Predictive Maintenance Technician to assist our Asset Operations & Management Consultant in performing utility equipment electromechanical assessments. Your duties will include performing mechanical and electrical operational tests on utility assets, recording, entering, and compiling the resultant data into Excel, and completing work orders in the Maintenance Connection database program. Technical school, certificate programs and/or some college courses are preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Performs a full range of duties in the digital capture and compilation of asset information in standard spreadsheet format as well as in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) database. Performs semi-skilled to skilled work in the assessment, maintenance, and repair of municipality utility assets.
- Perform electrical and mechanical assessments on pumps, motors, valves and related utility equipment and machinery for a fast-growing community development.
- Inspect equipment and fixtures for proper working condition and safety.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand and power tools and equipment.
- Record, enter and compile asset performance data in Microsoft Excel.
- Complete asset assessment work orders in the Maintenance Connection CMMS database program.
- Prepare and submit accurate logs, timekeeping forms and reports as required.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements, departmental policies and procedures, required trainings, as well as safe work practices.
Technical school, certificate programs and/or some college courses are preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Familiarity with irrigation or golf course pump stations, pressurized water systems, wastewater treatment plants and/or water treatment facilities.
- Experience compiling and analyzing data and writing technical reports for governmental agencies.
- Knowledge and experience with Maintenance Connection and/or Cityworks database asset management programs.
- Experience using vibration analysis and infrared heat sensing equipment.
- Flexibility to adjust daily routines and work tasks as necessity dictates.
- Positive personality with strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships across all levels.
- Highly organized with ability to file documents, compile and analyze data and help make asset functionality determinations from that data.
- Computer literate with proven work experience utilizing standard office software including Microsoft Excel and Outlook, and familiarity operating typical office machinery and equipment.
- Comfortable regularly creating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and Outlook emails.
- Ability to split time 50/50 performing physical work in the field and computer data entry in the office daily.
- Physically able to perform pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, stooping, climbing or lifting activities regularly without physical limitation.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team or independently when required.
- Regular and reliable attendance. Overtime may be required occasionally.
- Clean driving record with FL Driver’s License.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Wastewater: 1 year (Preferred)
- pumps: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location