- ADDITIONAL INSTRUTCIONS: In order to be considered for this internship opportunity, after clicking "apply now" above you should be redirected to Ultipro (the Astros applicant tracking site), you MUST then fully complete the Houston Astros Golf Foundation application process on follow-up/re-directed Ultipro screen. If you are unsure, contact teamwork online to verify you have completed this step.*
The Astros Golf Foundation Internship offers the opportunity for interns to gain experience in all areas of tournament planning/management. This internship opportunity will allow for the participation and completion of specific projects leading up to and during the tournament. These internships are unpaid and can be completed for course credit.
Astros Golf Foundation Internships
Astros Golf Foundation
The Astros Golf Foundation Internships are intended for individuals with a strong desire to gain real-world work experience, as well as a desire to work hard and give their best. Learning potential is endless in these positions and interns get out of the experience what they put into it. These internships are intended as an educational experience, these internships are unpaid and require full availability February-June.
The Astros Golf Foundation Internship offers the opportunity for interns to gain experience in all areas of tournament planning/management. This internship opportunity will allow for the participation and completion of specific projects leading up to and during the tournament.
This internship provides the opportunity to learn through observation, participation and execution how a golf tournament is executed. The internship requires inquisitive, responsible self-starters who enjoy a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The opportunities require strong communication skills with above average computer skills.
Chosen candidates will have many opportunities to network and work with members of the PGA community, Astros organization, event execution partners and vendors and corporate and social clients. Intern candidates should possess confidence and poise to deal with all of these entities.
- At least Junior level college/university student or recent graduate with comparable major related to chosen internship interest.
- High level of professionalism with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic.
- Superior attention to detail and deadline orientation.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Ability to maintain discretion concerning confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to offer ideas and suggestions.
These positions will operate in both a traditional office setting as well as well as an outdoor- golf tournament setting. This requires the ability to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue environment. Employee may be exposed to weather of varying degrees while participating in this internship.
Ability to lift/carry/move items weighing up to 30lbs. Ability to sit for long periods of time, hear, see and touch. May be required to stoop, kneel or crouch. Ability to walk long distances and/or stand for long periods of time. This internship requires full availability from February to June.
1. Ticket Operations Intern:
Supports the sales and activation efforts this could include contract management, maintaining sales dashboard (CRM support), assisting with the execution of sales deliverables by collaborating with sales/development and finance to ensure fulfillment of sales and event packages. Interns may process incoming ticket orders and payments.
2. Marketing/Soc. Media Intern:
Work with Marketing professionals to produce press releases, create content, secure photos/videos for digital platforms as well as provide updates and generally push the promotion of Houston Open and associated events. Experience planning and executing social media content a plus.
3. Player/Volunteer Services Intern:
Assist in set-up and maintenance of and vendor and volunteer database. Support management coordinating and communicating with various tournament vendors on scheduling, credentialing, deliveries and supply needs as well as soliciting in-kind donations for fundraising. This role will have a heavy emphasis on hospitality and client services.
4. Programming Intern (Birdies for Charity):
Assist with the planning and organization of Birdies for Charity event specifically assisting with securing charities to participate. Additionally, duties may include brainstorming ideas, purchasing supplies, tracking and organizing inventory and generally partnering with staff to maintain checklists and timelines for the event.
5. Finance Intern:
This Intern will gain first-hand, individualistic experience in providing Finance/Accounting for a non-profit organization. This role is integral in making sure that the tournament and profits are properly allocated. There will be opportunities to work on financial reports, invoices and spreadsheets as well as connect with charitable donors. There will also be opportunity to process invoices for payment using purchase order system. Should be proficient in Excel and pursuing (or earned) an accounting or finance degree.