Advance Housing, Inc. is a nonprofit agency located in Bergen, Passaic, and Sussex Counties that provides community support services to individuals suffering from mental illness. Currently we have part-time case management positions open in our Teterboro office.
Position Summary: Provides support services to adults with serious mental illness to promote the achievement of community integration and valued life roles in the social, employment, educational, or housing domains. Conducts individual supportive counseling and group activities with consumers in the program. Functions as an active member of the clinical team and provides after hours on-call support to consumers in crisis.
- Support consumers in achieving mental health rehabilitative and recovery goals.
- Promote the process of wellness and recovery with an emphasis on individual dignity and respect. Build upon consumer strengths to address needs, preferences, goals, and valued life roles.
- Provide direct services that address consumer skill development to self-manage their illness and improve their quality of life. This includes but is not limited to application of Illness Management and Recovery model.
- Provide crisis intervention services when needed
- Coordinate consumers' services which may involve collaboration with internal and community providers, family members, community resources, and/or entitlements.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the helping professions such as social work, human services, counseling, psychiatric rehabilitation, psychology, or criminal justice OR Bachelor's degree in a non human services related discipline and at least two years of professional experience in a community behavioral healthcare setting. Certification as a psychiatric rehabilitation practitioner may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Valid Driver’s License is required. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Organizational and time management skills
- Sound clinical skills such as empathy, genuineness, insight, judgment, and professionalism Strong written and verbal skill
- Basic computer skills including internet, email, word processing, etc.
Job Type: Part-time