EO Vista is seeking a Senior Principal Opto-Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer with advanced Electro-Optical Space Sensor Systems experience. This talented engineer will have a strong foundation in optical and mechanical engineering and expertise in optical concept development, optical design and analysis, optical fabrication and procurement, and optical assembly, alignment and test. The Opto-Mechanical Engineer works in a team based project environment interacting with Hardware, Software and Firmware engineers and scientists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops tooling, testing, training, etc. appropriate to the component, product, and technologies being produced.
- Investigates and debugs complex technical problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve issues around current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for current and future capability and processes and quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 15 years of experience in design and/or sustaining engineering of optical systems and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing revised designs, from concept to validation
- Ability to support integration of optical systems with digital and analog electronics, sensors and detectors, and electro-mechanical mechanisms
- Experience with the various fabrication techniques like machining, sheet metal, etc.
- Work history that includes hands-on systems integration and strong desire to build things
- Ability to design and build test tools for prototyping and production
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills are required.