CW Resources has an opening at Shaw AFB for a Landscaping Maintenance Crew Leader. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' experience as a landscaping crew leader and must be able to work with individuals who have significant disabilities. The crew leader will train, motivate and mentor a crew of 3 to 4 trimmers, some of whom have never used landscaping equipment before. Must have a clean driving record and be able to access the military facility.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Grounds Crew Lead is responsible for direct oversight of his crew. Crew Lead will report directly to the Project Manager.
The Crew Lead is responsible for servicing areas as directed by the Project Manager, proper operation of equipment, inspecting his/her crew's equipment, and reporting any issues with equipment to the Mechanic or Project Manager. Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of the public.
- Ensure that all areas assigned for the day are completed up to contract standards
- Perform routine maintenance and inspect his/her crews/company vehicle at the end of each day
- Adhere to company policies and breaks as directed by Project Manager
- Perform daily inspection of his/her crews equipment to notice any potential equipment malfunction
- Ensure that the crew is servicing areas in a safe and productive manner while avoiding damage to other people's property
- Ensure that crew is using all safeguards and safety items are being used and operated by the user
- Ensure that the crew is wearing all safety gear as required by CW Resources
- Notify Project manager of any areas that are unsafe to weed whack or cannot be serviced for the day
- Attendance at work is an essential function of this position
- Obey and observe all traffic laws while operating CW Resources equipment
- Must be able to bend, stoop, walk, and carry equipment that weighs over 35 pounds for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stay after hours or work on weekends if needed
- Perform re-servicing of failed areas
- Perform final inspection of all areas assigned to you and your crew
- Ability to complete daily paperwork for all assigned areas
Education and/or Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in a related field
- 2 years+ working in related field and experience working with people with disabilities
Must submit background check prior to hire and ongoing as dictated by contract. Must be able to pass criminal and drug screening processes to meet current contract legibility requirements that apply or become applicable for the contract. Must be able to pass and maintain background check for driving.