Description of role
Provides respiratory services to patients with breathing disorders as authorized by the physician and in compliance with the state’s professional practices for Respiratory
Therapist, any applicable state license and and/or certification requirements, and the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Assesses patient’s need for respiratory services and response to treatment; and participates in development of the plan of care as appropriate.
- Provides direct respiratory services including chest physiotherapy and pulmonary toileting and instruction in use of respiratory equipment (i.e., oxygen delivery systems, nebulizers, mechanical ventilators, apnea monitors and other life sustaining equipment.
- Instructs patient’s caregivers and other organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment plan as appropriate.
- Recommends respiratory treatments as indicated.
- Participates in the development, implementation and timely revision of the interdisciplinary
Plan of Care.
- Evaluates progress; prepares clinical progress notes based on attainment of goals.
- Maintains continuity of client care through interdisciplinary coordination with other health professionals assigned to the same clients. Attends client care conferences, as indicated.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized client care documentation with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies.
- Participates in the agency’s quality improvement program, as indicated.
- Keeps abreast of respiratory therapy trends and knowledge for service provision, documentation and care coordination.
- Participates in in-service programs, as indicated.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed.
- Understands the delivery of service within home care.
- Understands and complies with federal and state laws, rules and regulations governing home care practices as related to their role in the organization.
- Understands role in the execution of the Emergency / Disaster Plan.
- Graduate of an CoARC accredited respiratory therapy program.
- Licensed in Respiratory Therapy by the New York State Department of Education.
- 1+ years of respiratory therapy experience.
- Home care experience a plus.
Indeed Hire and Royal Care Certified are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 per hour
- Home Health Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Respiratory Therapy: 1 year (Required)
- NY Respiratory Therapy (Required)
- Hempstead, NY: Between 31 and 40 miles (Required)