Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path.
Be our next Systems Engineer (SE) to perform the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, and all associated documentation. Work in either Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA. You choose!
If you like doing these tasks working closely with the D3P Senior Systems Engineer and technical team then this might be the right job for you:
- Support requirements analysis and derivation, verification and validation activities as well as support for application functional and technical design, external interface design, integration, test and generation of supporting engineering artifacts
- Support software/systems integration, testing, and deployment
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Interact with prospective and active customers to gather customer requirements as well as to effectively communicate design options and associated trades is expected.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 4+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active TS/SCI DoD security clearance
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
You will certainly wow us even more if you also have these preferred qualifications!
More about this program:
- Experience employing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology
- Experience and domain knowledge related to Big Data technologies (e.g. CDH, ELK)
- Experience with big data applications (e.g. Hadoop and Elastic Search)- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications.
- Experience with software systems integration, incremental software development and EVMS (Earned Value Management System)
The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
Know someone who can do this job? Refer them and if they get hired you make $2000. Learn how here
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.