Acreage Holdings is the largest vertically integrated, multi-state owner of cannabis licenses and assets in the U.S. We deeply believe in the transformational power that cannabis has to heal and change the world. Our mission is to champion and provide access to cannabis' beneficial properties by creating the best quality products and experiences.
The Director, Learning and Development- Retail will be responsible for developing and implementing a retail learning and development program to scale with the dynamic retail business. This role will assess and leverage the training teams of acquired and affiliated retail brands in the US.
- Develop and lead the retail learning and development strategy across portfolio of wholly owned and affiliated retail brands.
- Develop retail training and implement training programs
- Serve as an evangelist for cannabis culture and education.
- Research emerging cannabis industry trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques to update current development curriculum as appropriate.
- Plan, communicate and implement onboarding, certification, and continuing development programs in formats suitable for various settings, e.g. in person, online self-study and webinar
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of learning and development objectives.
- Monitor training results that include tracking information, costs and effectiveness and feedback for company development programs.
- Effectively manage multiple and multi-site projects of varying complexity within set timeline.
- Work with IT to ensure that online content is accurate and easily assessable.
- Coach other employees involved in training efforts ie. Managers, Training Coordinators, etc.
- Develop and monitor spending against the departmental learning and development budgets.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the Acreage brands.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR/Talent team.
- Offer reasoned recommendations for such experiences in order to build and continuously enrich the company's educational/learning opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 + years of experience in a corporate environment and in a development & training leadership function.
- Master's degree Training and Development preferred
- Retail experience a plus
- Broad understanding of and experience designing robust leadership development initiatives using various implementation methodologies, with the ability to manage complex design projects and timelines..
- Detailed experience in ground-up building of development curriculum, including hands-on application.
- A track record of proficiency in assessing, delivering and measuring organizational effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Understanding of learning, organizational development, and talent management.
- Strong presentation skills: outstanding oral and written business communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Experience in development and coaching at all levels of the organization.
- Cannabis experience a plus.