- Construction Experience
Share by email: Share with social media:
KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 10 states across the nation from California to Florida.
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilding companies in the United States. Since its founding in 1957, the company has built more than half a million quality homes. KB Home's unique homebuilding approach lets each buyer customize their new home from lot location to floor plan and design features. As a leader in utilizing state-of-the-art sustainable building practices, all KB homes are highly energy efficient and meet strict ENERGY STAR® guidelines. This helps to lower monthly utility costs for homeowners, which the company demonstrates with its proprietary KB Home Energy Performance Guide® (EPG®). KB Home has been named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award winner for five straight years and a WaterSense© Partner of the Year for four consecutive years.
The Project Manager, Land Development is responsible for managing land assets from project inception through model opening. This position will provide project management oversight of land development projects in the field. This includes the ability to conduct technical feasibilities, secure necessary entitlements, engineering plans, permits and other governmental or quasi-governmental approvals needed to develop lots and build houses. Will be responsible for bidding and hiring contractors and consultants for all necessary land development and engineering work.
- Prepare cost estimates, budgets and schedules for all projects, and track and manage them, accordingly.
- Manage all regulatory compliance processes for assigned projects from initial planning-construction-acceptance of the project.
- Coordinate community opening documents for the Land Department including lot fits, garage orientations, HOA documents and disclosures.
- Meet and negotiate with necessary public and private entities (Vendors, City Staff and Council, Engineers, Contractors, State Agencies, etc.) to facilitate resolution of issues or needs involving KB HOME projects and communities.
- Attend, and speak on the behalf of KB HOME (as needed), any necessary City Council meeting, Planning and Zoning meeting, in order to facilitate the entitlement processes.
- Prepare check request submittals and applications for agency application submittal.
- Plan and oversee the lot release strategy and process, lot premium allocation, acquisition of shells and foundation soils, and distribution of same to internal departments.
- Prepare vendor work agreements and facilitate vendor invoice payment.
- Manage all contractors and vendors to assure completion of all projects on time and within budget.
- Track dry utility designs and distribution, SWPPP compliance, bond acquisition and exoneration, lot release distribution, plat distribution, AS400 input, and daily field operations.
LAND COMMITTEE PACKAGES
- Prepare monthly budget updates, Ant Tracks, business plans, and cost estimates and cash flows for Land Packages and actual communities.
- Assist in the review in due diligence and planning for new acquisitions.
ENTITLEMENTS - Participate in land planning and all phases of entitlement from Land Package, Preliminary Plat, Final Plat, Construction Plans, and Permitting.
- 3-5 years experience in a planning, construction, engineering or other related real estate development position.
- Prior Residential Homebuilding experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of how KB Home processes, Policies and Procedures, and Accounting Standardization Policies, and thorough working knowledge of AS400/J.D. Edwards’s system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!