- Culinary Arts Experience
- Hospitality Experience
- Microsoft Office
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
Larkin's and Grill Marks is an independently owned and operated restaurant group, founded in 1998 by Mark & Larkin Hammond, joined by Bob Munnich in 2005, we grew into what we are today. We are Multi Branded, independently run restaurant group. Dedicated to creating unique experiences for our guests, associates and community. We believe that positive energy fuels positive experiences and therefore positive results.
We are currently seeking a proven leader for our Columbia, SC Grill Marks Location. Able to harness the talents and personalities of our culinary team and create a fun, productive "heart" of the house team. Strictly enforcing recipes and standard operating procedures while maintaining a fun, safe and hospitality environment in a busy high pressure kitchen.
As an important member of our team, you'll receive:
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Complimentary dining in our restaurants, based on our management dining policy
- Participation in our management cell phone program
- Discounted health benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance benefits
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service
- Direct and monitor Kitchen staff's adherence to technical and culinary standards.
- Drive the daily operations of the restaurant to ensure that the unit is operating at full capacity
- Ensure that guests receive excellent food and culinary experiences.
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & food throughout each day's specific service periods.
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation
- Function as an effective and productive leader for the line operations and food production
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the kitchen and back of the house at all times
- Organize and complete the setup and break down as well as administrative tasks of kitchen (including but not limited to: creation of schedules, menus, sanitation reports and inspections, ordering and monthly/weekly inventory.)
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all Dining Room and Kitchen team members
- Maintain positive working relationship with dining room leaders and serving staff throughout service periods
- Ensure excellent food & experiences are provided for all
- Provide assistance to Kitchen Teams when needed
- Complete all assigned administrative tasks on time
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
Continuously build a high-performance team.
- Work with the General Manager and the rest of the management team in supervising all kitchen staff. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling employees; addressing employee concerns and resolving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy, policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure that line-up program is dynamic, engaging and consistent at all times and coaches management to teach through line-ups consistently
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
What You Bring to the Table
Requirements and Skills:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Energy- Using your natural positive energy to create positive experiences for our guests and your team
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven't-and creating opportunities others wish they'd thought of first
- At least 3+ years of operations/culinary experience in hospitality
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- ServeSafe certification (Req'd - we will provide if necessary)
- Excellent Kitchen, Culinary and Facilities Operations Knowledge